Gerald Zingraf (@gzingraf) graduated from Virginia Tech in 2011 with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. In less than 6 years after college graduation, Gerald has founded or co-founded 8 companies, including Date To Door and CubeFit. From one company alone—that is, CubeFit—Gerald makes $2 million per year working only 5 hours per week.
In this episode, Gerald and I discuss his story and:
- How to determine the best career when you enter college wanting to be everything
- The skills necessary for succeeding as an engineer
- The power of persistence
- The diminishing value of a 4.0 GPA and the soaring value of side projects
- How to select “Skills Ready Majors” and avoid being 50% of students who are underemployed
- How to embrace “interestingness”
- How to maximize learning by focusing on your own learning style
Gerald’s “tweetable” advice: “Be curious.”
Connect with Gerald Zingraf on LinkedIn.